Friday, August 19, 2011

South Central PA food

This week I went to one new place to eat and returned to one old place.

I went to a local cupcake shop called the Lemon Tree on the Carlisle Pike in Mechanicsburg to give a local place some business. Here's a photo of the "Double Trouble" cupcake I got. It's a chocolate cupcake with cream cheese drizzle, caramel and chocolate sauce, and a Hershey's kiss.

'

Since I couldn't find this place on urbanspoon.com, here's what I thought of it. The actual cake part was just mediocre, not much better than what you'd find in Giant. But the cream cheese icing was fantastic, and of course, anything with a Hershey's kiss on top is good. The price was not bad - about $1.50, which is not much more than the price of your average candy bar. Wasn't warm but looked as though it was pretty fresh. 

Then I returned to El Sol, a Harrisburg Mexican restaurant. I got the molcajete mixto, some grilled chicken, shrimp, and steak in a volcanic rock bowl in red sauce and cheese. With some fantastic green onions:


Click here for my Urbanspoon review of El Sol. It's under Shannon S.

No comments:

Post a Comment